Chandigarh is one of the well-planned cities of India. Clean roads, managed law and order and developed infrastructure actually make Chandigarh, the city beautiful. However, inspite of its bright reputation there are few facts which are still unknown to many people.
Here are few interesting and astonishing facts about Chandigarh that everyone should know-
Like, comment and share with your friends to show them you are a proud ‘Chandigarhian’-
Also Read: Top Dance Classes in Chandigarh
1. The Master Plan of Chandigarh was designed by famous French Architect Le Corbusier.
2. It is one of the 7 Union Territories of India. It is being governed directly by Centra Government of India. Chandigarh is joint capital of two states Haryana & Punjab.
3. Chandigarh is covering approximately 114 sq. km. of area under it. It is also popular for being the first planned city of India.
4. Do you know Chandigarh and Panchkula, both cities don’t have Sector 13. Just because of superstitious belief.
5. Cities around Chandigarh are Mohali (Punjab) & Panchkula (Haryana). Both are very much attached with Chandigarh. Together these cities are called ‘Tricity’.
6. It’s history is 8000 years old.
7. The name Chandigarh belongs to the famous Chandi Mata Temple.
8. The beautiful city Chandigarh is situated at 365 meters above sea level.
9. The HDI (Human Development Index) of Chandigarh is highest in comparison with all other Indian states and Union Territories.
10. Several flowering and tree species are planted at various places in Chandigarh.